Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Long and Dark Road

When the going gets tough... I remember my gradeschool and HS CLE teachers as they taught us...

The Beatitudes (Mt. 5)

3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sonsa of God.
10“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
12"Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

****

I literally walked on a long and dark road last Friday night. With some fast cars approaching, I thought it will be the end of my life. The more-than-2-hours walk on the darkness made me appreciate every light that came on the road. But then the light from the cars would disappear, and I was literally blinded. I thought to myself, I am like an ant in the vast universe--lost and finding my way. I prayed to the heavens to forgive me from my sins, and if it is His will, at least one car would stop and give me a ride. I walked. It was cold. My feet hurt. I felt hopeless. Then a car stopped--a girl, an immigrant like me. She brought me home safely.

That night I literally tested the Lord, that whatever His will be done in my life. Three days after, he gave me a message. I wasn´t fulfilling the real duties of being a wife--that the modern world had changed its views of a family. Three days after that night, my whole life changed. And I´m in tears of joy as I write this because more than ever, I felt the Lord loves me. He wants me to tell the world that a wife´s main duty is still home-making and being submissive to her husband. That the modern egoistic woman is becoming too proud. He wants me to change my view of myself, and admit my pride and selfishness.

The Lord watches. He always does. He never leaves us in the dark. He blesses us amidst the darkness surrounding us. I am writing this to tell the world. This is my testimony of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment